Monday 31 October 2011

Initial Thoughts & Research For Main Task

Ok, so earlier today my class and I were discussing the main task, which is "the titles and opening of a new fiction film, to last a maximum of two minutes."
For my genre, I have decided to choose horror/thriller, although I will most probably be using the horror-of-demonic sub-genre.
The horror-of-demonic sub-genre was established in the late 20th century from American culture, and includes elements of demonic horror in the film. Also incorporated closely in this sub-genre is spiritual horror. This is the element of including spiritual activity.

After researching, I have decided to base my story in a 'Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde' fashion, with the main character as a Priest. But deep in his inner soul lies a demon, that possesses his conscious mindset.

I would like to use a local church as the location for filming, to build on the religious background, and because I think that it will be easier to create the desired tension in the audience. An empty, dark church can be seen as a semiotic for things such as the paranormal, fear, isolation and such.

2 comments: