Sunday 4 March 2012

Adjustment Due To Audience Feedback

Well, while watching back my 2 minute OTS, it was pointed out in class that my actor that played the male victim didn't stick to his part very well, and that I should try and 'hide' this, while sticking to normal conventional horror. And with the genre being demonic-of-horror, I purchased a horror movie similar to this genre (ghost horror) called 'Poltergeist'. I saw a point in the movie, where streaks on light shot out from the television to represent a paranormal being entering the house via this energy. So using Adobe After Effects, I loaded up the shot with the bad acting, and tried to recreate this effect. Due to the fact that I am not familiar with this kind of effect, it didn't turn out as I hoped, but I think it looks alright and stays true to the genre. Below I have included a screencap of the scene from Poltergeist that inspired me, and the effect I had tried to do on my own footage.

Note: Because I am editing using sony vegas, when I imported the footage into After Effects, and then reimported back to Sony Vegas, I had some quality loss of the footage. Unfortunately I am unable to fix this due to limitations of the software.

1 comment: